Witaj GOŚCIU ( Zaloguj się | Rejestracja )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Saxon Army in Livland 1700

hwiccee

Nowicjusz
Grupa: Użytkownik
Nr użytkownika: 8.799

post 9/09/2005, 21:09 Quote Post

THIS TOPIC IS THE CONTINUATION OF >THIS DISCUSSION<
Edited by Rothar

Hello Rian,

I hope that you can understand English. I am British and I can not understand Polish very well.

I think that you are asking for details of the Saxon army in Livland (Inflant) in 1700 - 1701. I have put some details for you below.

Are you interested in the Great Northern war (dobie wojnie Polnocnej) 1700 - 1721? I am very interested in this war and I am looking for a Polish speaker who is interested in this war. I want to swap information about the Polish, Lithuanian and other armies & battles in the war.

Would you (or anyone reading this) be interested in doing this?

Saxon (Sasow) Army and allies in Livland (Inflant)1700 - 1701

[B]Saxons (Sasow):[/B]

Horse (heavy cavalry like Polish 'Arkabuzerii'): 4 regiments (Pulk)in 1700 and 1701 - the Leib, Kurprinz, Steinau and Konigin regiments (Pulk).

Dragoons (Dragonii): 4 regiments in 1700, 5 in 1701

1700: The Leib, Kurprinz, Wolfenbuttel (Milkau in 1701) and Goltz regiments
1701: As above plus the Stammer regiment.

Each regiment above was 6 squadrons (kornetow) of 116 men.

Infanty (piechoty): 8 regiments in 1700 and 1701. Each regiment had 2 battalions –the Saxon Guard, Polish Guard, Kurprinz, Konigin, Benkendorf (Egidy in 1701), Robel (Steinau in 1701), Tiesenhausen (Thielau in 1701) and Sacken regiments.

Allies - 1700:

Polish Infantry: Gwardii Krolewski Pulk (1 batalion), Krolewej Pulk (1 Batalion)

Polish Jazda Lekka – ‘Tartars’: 1200 men

Lithuanians: Hetman Sapieha. 2 unknown Lithuanian Piechoty battalion. 2000 Lithuanian Cavalry

Allies - 1701:

Polish Infantry: Gwardii Krolewski Pulk (1 batalion) – I think but I am not certain!

Russian Infantry under Repnin:

Either 12 regiments or 18 regiments and 1 Streltsi regiment – different people say different things. There is not much information on this but I think that there were 12 regiments and that the ones below are them.

Russian Regiments in group - T. Junger, W. Von Schweden, G. Goulitz, I. Bouch, N. Von Werden, Z. Crowe, A. Dudhuit and A. Romanovsky regiments.

Russian regiments probably in group - P Von Boukovin, I. Berner, P. Berner and T. Treden regiments.

Russian regiments maybe in group - T. Gundertmark’s regiment and 5 other Line regiments and a Streltsi regiment. I do not think that these were actually there.

Each Russian regiment would be 2 battalions.

Battle of Riga (Bitwie nad Dzwina):

All of the Saxon units, the Polish battalion and 4 or 5 Russian regiments were at the battle. The other Russian regiments were somewhere else. Not all of these units actually fought. About half actually fought during the battle.

I hope this helps and is what you want.

Nick Dorrell

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #1

Rian

VIII ranga
Nr użytkownika: 6.598

Stopień akademicki: mgr
Zawód: politolog

post 13/09/2005, 10:42 Quote Post

Thank You very much hwiccee smile.gif

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #2

hwiccee

Nowicjusz

post 14/09/2005, 8:14 Quote Post

You are welcome Rian smile.gif If you need more information I can give it to you. Are you interested in this war?

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #3

Rian

VIII ranga

post 16/09/2005, 10:40 Quote Post

Yeah I'm interested this war becouse I don't know more about this war. This war break Polish power in Central Europe and break Polish Army as a military power. But in Poland is not many information about this war. We learn in school about Vienna victory (1683) and war with Turkey (1670-1699), and next about Bar Confederacy (1768) and First Partiation of Poland (1772). Time between 1699 and 1768 is a "black hole".
(Sorry - my english is not very good wink.gif )

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #4

hwiccee

Nowicjusz

post 16/09/2005, 20:38 Quote Post

Sorry - my english is not very good

No it is good, a lot better than my Polish smile.gif

You are right there does not seem to be too much information on this period in Polish and even less in English. This seems a shame because as you say it was an important period in Polish history.

I think the best Polish book about the Great Northern War that I know about is by Jan Wimmer, it is called "Wojso Rzeczypospolitej w dobie wojny Polnocnej" - sorry I do not have Polish characters sad.gif This was published in 1956.

Have you seen this? I can not easily read it as my Polish is very bad but it is excellent, Jan Wimmer is (or maybe was) a very good historian. He also wrote an article on the Battle of Kalisz (1706) but I have not seen that.

If you would like it I could scan the pages in this book about Inflant 1700 - 1701? Please contact me at hwiccee@hotmail.com if you would like me to do this.

The only other Polish book about this war that I know about is about the Battle of Kliszow (1702). Unfortunately I can not remember it's name or author sad.gif

Perhaps you would also be interested in this website - http://www.gromoboy.narod.ru/anna/anna.html. It is by a very nice Russian friend of mine and is about the War of Polish Succession (1733-1735). This page http://www.gromoboy.narod.ru/anna/polisharmy.htm is about the Polish army in this war.

Do you know any other Polish or Lithuanian books on the Great Northern War?

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #5

Rian

VIII ranga

post 18/09/2005, 12:06 Quote Post

No... I'm sorry - I'm completly ignorant in this thema... sad.gif

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #6

hwiccee

Nowicjusz

post 19/09/2005, 8:09 Quote Post

OK sad.gif Please ask if you want to know more about the non Polsih forces in the war. I am happy to help if I can. smile.gif

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #7

1 Użytkowników czyta ten temat (1 Gości i 0 Anonimowych użytkowników)
0 Zarejestrowanych:

Topic Options
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Copyright © 2003 - 2023 Historycy.org
historycy@historycy.org, tel: 12 346-54-06

Kolokacja serwera, łącza internetowe:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej