Witaj GOŚCIU ( Zaloguj się | Rejestracja )

2 Strony  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Soviet Invasion 1939, help finding relatives.

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz
Grupa: Użytkownik
Nr użytkownika: 100.026

Bar Maley
Zawód: retired

post 19/08/2016, 16:22 Quote Post

Guys, I'm looking for my father family. I don't have too much information and asking for your help. The family was living at some place which was occupied by the Red Army and then after very short time Red Army withdrew and it was occupied by Germans. That is all I know about location. My father left with Russians and survived, everyone else presumably vanished. My fathers name in Russian was Яков Фукс. So I'm guessing that it should be spelled as Jacob Fuchs(born in 1919 or so), but obviously not sure. I also know that my grandfathers name was (Меир) Meir. It was a big family.
I would greatly appreciate if you can help me to find any traces of my relatives or list of places that do match the definition I have given.

Thank you in advance.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #1

Piegziu

Tajny Agent Piegziu
Grupa: Supermoderator
Nr użytkownika: 48.576

M.A.P.
Stopień akademicki: dr

post 19/08/2016, 17:41 Quote Post

QUOTE(Bar Maley @ 19/08/2016, 16:22)
The family was living at some place which was occupied by the Red Army and then after very short time Red Army withdrew and it was occupied by Germans.

You mean that in years 1939-1941 was occupied by USSR and then after launching Barbarossa was taken by Germany?
My fathers name in Russian was Яков Фукс. So I'm guessing that it should be spelled as Jacob Fuchs(born in 1919 or so), but obviously not sure. I also know that my grandfathers name was (Меир) Meir. It was a big family.

I assume that your family was Jewish, right? Were they citizens of 2nd Polish Republic?
Maybe you know his precise name and surname in Polish (i.e. Polish ID from interwar period)?
I would greatly appreciate if you can help me to find any traces of my relatives or list of places that do match the definition I have given.

Do you have specific hints? The territory which was annexed by USSR was quite big and inhabited by nearly 14 milion of people. Please note that whole Eastern Poland had substantial Jewish minority. It would be very helpful if you could give us any information: basic directions like south, north or maybe voivodeship when it is possible.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #2

usunięte 231218

Unregistered

post 19/08/2016, 17:48 Quote Post

some place which was occupied by the Red Army and then after very short time Red Army withdrew and it was occupied by Germans (Bar Maley)

Does it mean few days in September/October 1939? Look at this animation:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...rzes22-anim.gif

Territories important for period September/October 1939 - June/July 1941 are in pink colour at the right side of map after 13.10.1939.

Post #3

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 19/08/2016, 18:40 Quote Post

Yes, the family was Jewish and they were Polish citizens.
The Red army was staying there just few days or maybe couple weeks in September 1939.
I also may guess that my grandfather was a tailor but it is just a guess.
I am the only one alive at this time and have nobody to ask.

Thank you for response.

I also know that after WW-II it is Poland

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #4

Piegziu

Tajny Agent Piegziu

M.A.P.

post 19/08/2016, 18:51 Quote Post

This is a crucial hint. Searchings for your query has just been limited by circa 95%. I will investigate this case and try to give you my results.

Regards.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #5

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 19/08/2016, 19:10 Quote Post

It is most likely that that area is neighboring Ukraine, not Belarus nor Lithuania.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #6

Piegziu

Tajny Agent Piegziu

M.A.P.

post 19/08/2016, 20:09 Quote Post

It means that region is limited to Lubelszczyzna and much smaller parts of Podkarpacie. I will look through local Jewish communities to find first the name.

Still I have couple of questions - did your father live in a city or village? He was all the time in the same place or rather born somewhere else and later moved to described territory?

Ten post był edytowany przez Piegziu: 19/08/2016, 20:18

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #7

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 19/08/2016, 21:25 Quote Post

Unfortunately I don't know answers on your questions. My guess would be town but it is just a guess.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #8

nadiask

Nowicjusz
Nr użytkownika: 99.540

Nadia

post 19/08/2016, 21:59 Quote Post

I know that Fuchs families lived in Jeżowe (Nisko county) and Mielec. In Jeżowe there were even man named Jakob Fuchs, but he was born in the second half of XIX century.

Acording to this history:

The family was living at some place which was occupied by the Red Army and then after very short time Red Army withdrew and it was occupied by Germans. That is all I know about location. My father left with Russians and survived

I think it can be connected with Nisko-plan (Nisko operation). In 1939 Adolf Eichmann wanted to create a Jewish country in that region. He visited Nisko and Zarzece in 12th October 1939 which was under Red Army's cotrol. Later Hitler changed his mind and some Jewish was deported to territories occupied by CSRR.

Sometimes trains drive on for forty kilometres beyond Lublin and halt in the open country, where the Jews alight with their luggage and have to find themselves primitive accommodation in the surrounding villages. — Luxemburger Wort newspaper.

Ten post był edytowany przez nadiask: 19/08/2016, 22:04

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #9

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 19/08/2016, 23:18 Quote Post

Jeżowe version sounds very interesting: there is Jewish tradition to name children in honor of passed away close relatives.Is it possible to get additional information about this family?

Thank you very much.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #10

nadiask

Nowicjusz
Nr użytkownika: 99.540

Nadia

post 22/08/2016, 10:52 Quote Post

I lived in that region some time ago, so I remembered this family name. I asked friend to check some information.

Jakob Fuchs born in 10.01.1839 was married with Maria Margaretha Grub. They had got one son: Johan Fuchs also born in Jeżowe in 1864. Maria Margaretha died in Styi (Lemberg region) or Smordwa. Both places are in current Ukraine's territory. I have no more information about his children.

The last man - which I found - from Fuchs family born in Jeżowe was Kurt Fuchs 21.03.1915. There is society named Galizien German Descendants. I found also contact to the person, who published some names in that reagion. Maybe you can try to contact with her:

Background: Dolores Schick is the Village Coordinator for Steinau, and a member of Galizien German Descendants. She sent Galizien German Descendants the following information: "I would like to share the surnames I have found who lived in Steinau (Administrative district: Nisko) from the 1780's and into the early 20th century.

There is scant information on a number of the original residents. It is possible that some returned to their homeland in Germany, were victims of early epidemics or moved to another village."

Need More Information?: If someone feels they have a connection to one of these surnames in Steinau (in the former Galicia) and would like to know more about it, while sharing information, they have, please contact me:

Dolores Schick
11605 Reeder Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66210-3846
USA

This contact is to the person who described names in Steianu (Nowy Kamień) which is located next to Jeżowe (7km). There lived a lot of Austrian colonist, this is why you may try to contact with them: http://www.galiziengermandescendants.org/ - look for Galizien German Familybooks

Ten post był edytowany przez nadiask: 22/08/2016, 11:56

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #11

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 22/08/2016, 20:25 Quote Post

My grandfather's name was Meir so Johan is not anything close. Also Fuchs indeed could be a family with German decent but my roots are Jewish.

Thank you for your effort to help me.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #12

Bar Maley

Nowicjusz

Bar Maley

post 8/09/2016, 12:29 Quote Post

Any updates?

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #13

Net_Skater

IX ranga
Nr użytkownika: 1.980

Stopień akademicki: Scholar & Gentleman
Zawód: Byly podatnik

post 8/09/2016, 13:11 Quote Post

Bar, you got to be patient. It takes a long time sometimes. You know, the issue is rather specific, also the language could limit a number of respondents.
Regards

N_S

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #14

Piegziu

Tajny Agent Piegziu

M.A.P.

post 8/09/2016, 13:51 Quote Post

I requested some additional investigation in local documents. Still waiting for answer.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #15

2 Strony  1 2 > 
1 Użytkowników czyta ten temat (1 Gości i 0 Anonimowych użytkowników)
0 Zarejestrowanych:

Topic Options
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Copyright © 2003 - 2023 Historycy.org
historycy@historycy.org, tel: 12 346-54-06

Kolokacja serwera, łącza internetowe:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej