Witaj GOŚCIU ( Zaloguj się | Rejestracja )

12 Strony  1 2 3 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Przyczyny secesji

The General

VII ranga
Grupa: Użytkownik
Nr użytkownika: 19.808

post 22/03/2008, 21:55 Quote Post

W temacie tym podsumujmy rozsiane po różnych innych tematach wypowiedzi na temat przyczyn secesji niewolniczych stanów Południa. Jak wiemy w obliczu zwycięstwa Lincolna 7 stanów Dolnego Południa wystąpiło z Unii i w lutym 1861 zawiązało konfederację. Ta pierwsza fala secesji jest kluczowa, bowiem po tym fakcie i wobec braku chęci powrotu konfrontacja zbrojna była pewna – Sumter, Pickens czy jakiekolwiek inne miejsce, ale wojna i tak by się zaczęła.

Jakie były motywy tej pierwszej fali secesji? – Południe zapytane odpowiada:

1. Wszystkie stany pozostawiły deklaracje secesji, w których secesjoniści na ogół jedynie stwierdzają fakt wystąpienia danego stanu z Unii. Wyjątkiem są tu deklaracje Teksasu i Alabamy, w których podkreślono zagrożenie ze strony nowo wybranego prezydenta:

Alabama:
Whereas, the election of Abraham Lincoln and Hannibal Hamlin to the offices of president and vice-president of the United States of America, by a sectional party, avowedly hostile to the domestic institutions and to the peace and security of the people of the State of Alabama, preceded by many and dangerous infractions of the constitution of the United States by many of the States and people of the Northern section, is a political wrong of so insulting and manacing a character as to justify the people of the State of Alabama in the adoption of prompt and decided measures for their future peace and security (...)

Teksas:
WHEREAS, The Federal Government has failed to accomplish the purposes of the compact of union between these States, in giving protection either to the persons of our people upon an exposed frontier, or to the property of our citizens, and
WHEREAS, the action of the Northern States of the Union is violative of the compact between the States and the guarantees of the Constitution; and,
WHEREAS, The recent developments in Federal affairs make it evident that the power of the Federal Government is sought to be made a weapon with which to strike down the interests and property of the people of Texas, and her sister slave-holding States, instead of permitting it to be, as was intended, our shield against outrage and aggression; THEREFORE (...)

Ponieważ niektórzy ciągle mają trudności ze zrozumieniem, iż stany niewolnicze, które formalnie nie dołączyły do rebelii – np. Kentycky ze swoim 20% udziałem niewolników w społeczności, to zawsze było Południe, a nie Północ podaję fragment z deklaracji Alabamy, w której secesjoniści wyraźnie nam mówią kto swój, a kto nie:

Be it resolved by the people of Alabama in Convention assembled, That the people of the States of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Missouri, be and are hereby invited to meet the people of the State of Alabama, by their Delegates, in Convention, on the 4th day of February, A.D., 1861, at the city of Montgomery, in the State of Alabama, for the purpose of consulting with each other as to the most effectual mode of securing concerted and harmonious action in whatever measures may be deemed most desirable for our common peace and security.

2. Cztery stany – Południowa Karolina, Mississippi, Georgia i Teksas pozostawiły dodatkowo deklaracje powodów, dla których występują z Unii. To są podstawowe dokumenty, które każdy zainteresowany tym konfliktem musi przeczytać. W każdym na pierwszy plan wysuwa się kwestia niewolnictwa (w zasadzie jedynie Georgia zahacza o tematy ekonomiczne), na którą składa się sprawa niewolnictwa na terytoriach, sprawa egzekwowania prawa o zbiegłych niewolnikach czy wręcz sprawa funkcjonowania niewolnictwa tam gdzie istnieje. Mi najbardziej przypadła do gustu deklaracja Mississippi, którego przedstawiciele bez ogródek mówią, iż dokonując secesji całkowicie identyfikują się z instytucją niewolnictwa, po czym wymieniają długą listę zamachów i wykroczeń wobec niej.

Niektórzy twierdzą, że Południe nie miało się o co martwić jeśli chodzi o funkcjonowanie niewolnictwa tam gdzie ono istnieje – teoretycznie tak, w praktyce mogło być różnie (pomimo szczerych chęci Mr. Lincoln zapewne nie byłby w stanie zapewnić egzekwowana prawa o zbiegłych niewolnikach albo zapobiec akcjom kolejnych samozwańczych Johnów Brownów), a zobaczmy co na temat bezpiecznego funkcjonowania niewolnictwa napisali secesjoniści:

POŁUDNIOWA KAROLINA:
A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free," and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction. (...)
On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States.

MISSISSIPPI:
That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove (...)
The hostility to this institution (...)
It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.
(...)
Utter subjugation awaits us in the Union, if we should consent longer to remain in it. It is not a matter of choice, but of necessity. We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property.

GEORGIA:
Such are the opinions and such are the practices of the Republican party, who have been called by their own votes to administer the Federal Government under the Constitution of the United States (...) because their avowed purpose is to subvert our society and subject us not only to the loss of our property but the destruction of ourselves, our wives, and our children, and the desolation of our homes, our altars, and our firesides. To avoid these evils we resume the powers which our fathers delegated to the Government of the United States, and henceforth will seek new safeguards for our liberty, equality, security, and tranquillity.

TEXAS:
In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

Wszystkie deklaracje powodów secesji można sobie przeczytać tutaj: http://members.aol.com/jfepperson/reasons....outh%20Carolina

3. Sprawa posłańców secesji - Mississippi, Alabama, Południowa Karolina, Georgia i Luizjana wysłały swoich przedstawicieli do innych stanów niewolniczych celem nakłonienia ich do opuszczenia Unii. Ogółem było 52 takich wysłanników, którzy bądź to przemawiając do władz danego stanu bądź też pisząc listy (gdy akurat władze nie obradowały) wyraźnie mówią, że kwestie związane z instytucją niewolnictwa były głównym motorem napędowym pierwszej fali secesji. Ci wysłannicy to często byli bardzo poważni ludzie – weźmy np. takiego Williama L. Harrisa, wysłannika stanu Mississippi do władz Georgii – był wybitnym sędzią, któremu prez. Buchanan w 1860 r. zaproponował posadę sędziego Sądu Najwyższego USA, ale Harris odmówił bo wiedział, że zbliża się rozpad Unii. Fragmenty wypowiedzi tego pana już tu cytowałem więc kopiuj, wklej:

Our fathers made this a government for the white man, rejecting the negro, as an ignorant, inferior, barbarian race, incapable of self-government, and not, therefore, entitled to be associated with the white man upon terms of civil, political, or social equality (...)
This new administration comes into power, under the solemn pledge to overturn and strike down this great feature of our Union, without which it would never have been formed, and to substitute in its stead their new theory of the universal equality of the black and white races. (...)
Mississippi is firmly convinced that there is but one alternative:
This new union with Lincoln Black Republicans and free negroes, without slavery, or, slavery under our old constitutional bond of union, without Lincoln Black Republicans, or free negroes either, to molest us. If we take the former, then submission to negro equality is our fate. If the latter, then secession is inevitable ... Mississippi seeks no delay. (...)
Sink or swim, live or die, survive or perish, the part of Mississippi is chosen, she will never submit to the principles and policy of this Black Republican Administration.
She had rather see the last of her race, men, women and children, immolated in one common funeral pile, than see them subjected to the degradation of civil, political and social equality with the negro race.

[William L. Harris - wysłannik stanu Mississippi do władz Georgii, dnia 17 grudnia 1860]

Przyszłego generała CSA, który walczył u boku R.E. Lee też już cytowałem – on wyraźnie mówi, dlaczego Georgia musi dokonać secesji:

In the first place, I say that the North hates slavery, and, in using that expression I speak wittingly. In saying that the Black Republican party of the North hates slavery, I speak intentionally. If there is a doubt upon that question in the mind of any one who listens to me, a few of the multitude of proofs which could fill this room, would, I think, be sufficient to satisfy him. I beg to refer to a few of the proofs that are so abundant; and the first that I shall adduce consists in two extracts from a speech of Lincoln's, made in October, 1858. They are as follows: "I have always hated slavery as much as any abolitionist; I have always been an old line Whig; I have always hated it and I always believed it in the course of ultimate extinction, and if I were in Congress and a vote should come up on the question, whether slavery should be excluded from the territory, in spite of the Dred Scott decision, I would vote that it should."
These are pregnant statements; they avow a sentiment, a political principle of action, a sentiment of hatred to slavery as extreme as hatred can exist. The political principle here avowed is, that his action against slavery is not to be restrained by the Constitution of the United States, as interpreted by the Supreme Court of the United States. I say, if you can find any degree of hatred greater than that, I should like to see it. This is the sentiment of the chosen leader of the Black Republican party; and can you doubt that it is not entertained by every solitary member of that same party? You cannot, I think. He is a representative man; his sentiments are the sentiments of his party; his principles of political action are the principles of political action of his party. I say, then; it is true, at least, that the Republican party of the North hates slavery. (...)
What was the reason that induced Georgia to take the step of secession? This reason may be summed up in one single proposition. It was a conviction, a deep conviction on the part of Georgia, that a separation from the North was the only thing that could prevent the abolition of her slavery.

[wysłannik stanu Georgia Henry Benning do konwencji secesyjnej stanu Wirginia, 18 lutego 1861]

4. W końcu mamy dwie wypowiedzi vice-prezydenta tej konfederacji pana Alexandra Stephensa, polityka podobno umiarkowanego. Jakby nie było to w końcu vice-prezydent więc na pewno wiedział o co secesjonistom tak na prawde chodziło. W swojej sławnej Cornerstone Stephens mówi nam m.in.

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution -- African slavery as it exists amongst us -- the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew.

A tu Stephen podsumował racje secesjonistów:

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. [Applause.] This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us.
[Alexander Stephens, Savannah Georgia, 21 marca, 1861]

Stanowisko swoje Stephens powtórzył podczas przemówienia do władz Wirginii:

As a race, the African is inferior to the white man. Subordination to the white man is his normal condition. He is not his equal by nature, and cannot be made so by human laws or human institutions. (...) The great truth, I repeat, upon which our system rests, is the inferiority of the African. The enemies of our institutions ignore this truth. They set out with the assumption that the races are equal; that the negro is equal to the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be legitimate. But their premises being false, their conclusions are false also.
[Alexander Stephens do konwencji secesyjnej stanu Wirginia, 23 kwietnia 1861]

Podsumowując – kwestia niewolnictwa była kluczowa dla secesji Dolnego Południa z Unii. Wystąpili z niej po to aby chronić tą instytucją przed mniej lub bardziej wyimaginowanymi zagrożeniami. Mieli dość obrażania i woleli założyć własne, stricto niewolnicze państwo. Spory na temat kwestii związanych z niewolnictwem trwały zresztą już od dawien dawna i co jakiś czas elektryzowały cały kraj. Na prawdę ciężko mi znaleźć jakiś inny ważniejszy powód, ale jeśli ktoś sądzi, że taki istniał to niech mnie o tym przekona. Najlepiej będzie jeśli będziemy bazować na źródłach, bowiem różni historicos różne rzeczy już na temat powypisywali, często wręcz tworząc historię. Czekam cierpliwie biggrin.gif

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #1

Ciołek

VI ranga
Nr użytkownika: 9.200

post 23/03/2008, 12:35 Quote Post

Jakoś tak dziwnie weszło mi w nawyk zaczynanie od Karoliny Południowej. Choć akurat w przypadku secesji ma to swoje uzasadnienie smile.gif
Już gdzieś pisałam o Maxcym Greggu w kontekście wystąpienia SC z Unii, ale skoro powstał temat dotyczący konkretnie tych wydarzeń, wypada przypomnieć co mial do powiedzenia w tej kwestii nasz sławny fire-eater, a przy tym jeden z członków konwencji. Gregg oczywiście nie był "głosem SC", gdyż jego poglądy nawet w samej Karolinie Pd. uchodziły za skrajne. Gdy w 1850 roku Konwencja w Nashville nie doprowadziła do upragnionej przez niego secesji Południa, domagał się by jego ojczysty stan wystąpił z Unii nawet bez wsparcia innych stanów. Zresztą, dla tego gentlemana "konsolidacja z Georgią czy Tennessee była co najwyżej mniejszym złem niż konsolidacja z Nowym Jorkiem i Ohio".
W 1860 roku Gregg ochoczo podpisał dokument, stwierdzający wystąpienie SC z Unii, jednak zaprotestował przeciwko deklaracji powodów secesji Karoliny Południowej. Pan Maxcy stwierdził, że w owej deklaracji zbyt dużą uwagę zwraca się na niewolnictwo, podczas gdy powinno się raczej uhonorować pamięć o tych, którzy toczyli znacznie ważniejsze batalie przeciwko bankowi centralnemu, obmierzłym taryfom i finansowaniu rozwoju infrastruktury ze środków federalnych.

Może nie jest to mocny argument, ale przynajmniej wskazuje na fakt, iż deklaracje powodów wystąpienia poszczególnych stanów z Unii nie były tak naprawdę jednogłośne rolleyes.gif

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #2

The General

VII ranga

post 23/03/2008, 22:26 Quote Post

Masz rację, Gregg chciał aby w deklaracji powodów napisano np. coś o cłach - zapewne dla upamiętnienia nullifikatorów. Ale najwyraźniej był w mniejszości, bo przegrał.
Wklejam ponownie odpowiedź kongresmena Keitta na jego propozycję - mówi wyraźnie, że tym razem to niewolnictwo jest głównym powodem, nie cła. Keitt wygrał, więc najwyraźniej taki właśnie był pogląd większości.

Mr. KEITT: I agree with the gentleman from Richland, that the power of taxation is the central power of all governments. Put that power into my hands, and I care very little what the form of government it is; I will control your people through it. That is the question in this address. We have instructed the Committee to present a summary of the reasons which influenced us in the action we have now taken. My friend from Richland said that the violation of the Fugitive Slave Laws are not sufficient, and he calls up the Tariff. Is that one of the causes at this time? What is that cause? Your late Senators, and every one of your members of the House of Representatives, voted for the present tariff. [Mr. Miles. I did not.] Well, those who were there at the time voted for it, and I have no doubt you would, if you were in it. The question of the tariff did agitate us in 1832, and it did array this State against the Federal Government.

I maintain, and do always maintain, that this State triumphed then. Mr. Clay said, before nullification, that the protective tariff system had been established for all time. After the Nullification Ordinance, Mr. Clay did say that the State had accomplished the destruction of that system, and that the State had triumphed. The history of that time has never been written. It is true, we were cheated in the compromise; and really, sir, in what single compromise have we not been cheated? My opinion is, that the State of South Carolina and every other Southern State have been dealing with faithless confederates.

But the Tariff is not the question which brought the people up to their present attitude. We are to give a summary of our causes to the world, but mainly to the other Southern States, whose co-action we wish, and we must not make a fight on the Tariff question.
The Whig party, thoughout all the States, have been protective Tariff men, and they cling to that old issue with all the passion incident to the pride of human opinions. Are we to go off now, when other Southern States are bringing their people up to the true mark? Are we to go off on debateable and doctrinal points? Are we to go back to the consideration of this question, of this great controversy; go back to that party's politics, around which so many passions cluster? Names are much -- associations and passions cluster around names.
I can give no better illustration than to relate an anecdote given me by a member from Louisiana. He said, after the election of Lincoln, he went to an old Whig party friend and said to him: We have been beaten -- our honor requires a dissolution of the Union. Let us see if we cannot agree together, and offered him a resolution to this effect --Resolved, That the honor of Louisiana requires her to disrupt every tie that binds her to the Federal Government. [Laughter.]

It is name, and when we come to more practicability we must consult names. Our people have come to this on the question of slavery. I am willing, in that address to rest it upon that question. I think it is the great central point from which we are now proceeding, and I am not willing to divert the public attention from it. I believe the address, in this respect, cannot. The gentlemen from Chesterfield (Mr. Inglis) says that certain constructions of the Act of Pennsylvania are denied. He might have gone further and have said that certain constructions of the Personal Liberty Bills are denied. I have never seen any Abolitionist yet who did not say that these Acts had no reference to fugitive slaves.
I, myself, have very great doubts about the propriety of the Fugitive Slave Law. The Constitution was, in the first place, a compact between the several States, and in the second, a treaty between sections, and, I believe, the Fugitive Slave Law was a treaty between sections. It was the act of sovereign States as a section; and I believe therefore, and have very great doubts whether it ought not have been left to the execution of the several States, and failing of enforcement , I believe it should have been regarded as a causi belli.
I go for the address, because, I believe it does present succinctly and conspicuously what are the main primary causes.

[Lawrence Keitt in South Carolina Secession Convention, taken from the Charleston, South Carolina, Courier, dated Dec. 22, 1860]

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #3

Ciołek

VI ranga
Nr użytkownika: 9.200

post 24/03/2008, 1:05 Quote Post

Masz rację, Gregg chciał aby w deklaracji powodów napisano np. coś o cłach - zapewne dla upamiętnienia nullifikatorów. Ale najwyraźniej był w mniejszości, bo przegrał.

Jego pomysł poparło chyba trzydziestu delegatów, a więc rzeczywiście mniejszość. Chodziło Greggowi chyba o to, żeby podkreślić, iż decyzji o secesji Karoliny Południowej nie podjęto z dnia na dzień i że miała one swoje źródła w konfliktach pomiędzy sekcjami, ciągnących się od lat kilkudziesięciu. Zbyt silne podkreślanie niewolnictwa w deklaracji powodów wystąpienia z Unii mogłoby wskazywać na nagłą, nieprzemyślaną decyzję.

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #4

The General

VII ranga

post 24/03/2008, 12:11 Quote Post

Większość zapewne nie chciała z siebie robić osób niekonsekwentnych, bowiem gdyby wspomnieli o banku centralnym, to by musieli pochwalić Andrewa Jacksona, który go zniszczył. To stało by w sprzeczności do nullifikacji, podczas której ten sam Andrew Jackson zniszczył zapał rewolucyjny Południowej Karoliny (zresztą podczas nullifikacji tak na prawdę chodziło o niewolnictwo, a cła, były tylko pretekstem do wywołania burzy).

Jesli chodzi o te cła - podczas pierwszej fali secesji cła były jednymi z najmniejszych w przedwojennej historii. Republikanie chcieli je podwyższyć do poziomu tych z ’46 (uchwalonych głosami Południa z Midwestu), ale tak długo jak kongresmeni z Południa pozostawali w Kongresie to im się to nie udawało. Oryginalne taryfy Morrila przeszły dopiero, gdy kongresmenów z Dolnego Południa nie było już w Kongresie, a patrząc na wynik głosowania widać, że Południe najprawdopodobniej mogło je spokojnie ubić w senacie.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #5

Nico

VII ranga
Nr użytkownika: 3.969

post 24/03/2008, 20:24 Quote Post

QUOTE(The General @ 22/03/2008, 21:55)
Ta pierwsza fala secesji jest kluczowa, bowiem po tym fakcie i wobec braku chęci powrotu konfrontacja zbrojna była pewna – Sumter, Pickens czy jakiekolwiek inne miejsce, ale wojna i tak by się zaczęła.

Nie Generale. Konfrontacja nie była pewna. Zadecydował o tym Lincoln wzwyając 75 tys. ochotników przeciwko wolnym stanom Południowym. O wojnie zadecydowali jankesi, kórzy nie mogli się pogodzić z tym, że już nie będą mogli ograbiać finansowo Południa.

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #6

ku140820

Unregistered

post 25/03/2008, 12:21 Quote Post

Nico, czy możesz przybliżyc, o co chodziło z tym "finansowym ograbianiem Południa"? Kto ich niby grabił i jak?
No i juz wałkowaliśmy temat - po co 75 tysięcy ochotników w sytuacji, gdy armia federalna praktycznie nie istnieje, za to secesjoniści się zbroją na potęgę...

Post #7

Nico

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 15:14 Quote Post

QUOTE(Darth Stalin @ 25/03/2008, 12:21)
Nico, czy możesz przybliżyc, o co chodziło z tym "finansowym ograbianiem Południa"? Kto ich niby grabił i jak?
No i juz wałkowaliśmy temat - po co 75 tysięcy ochotników w sytuacji, gdy armia federalna praktycznie nie istnieje, za to secesjoniści się zbroją na potęgę...

Podatki, cła, a przedewszystkim lukratywne pośrednictwo jankesów w handlu bawełną z Europą oraz sprzedawanie wszelkich narzędzi i maszyn na Południe. Kasa, kasa, kasa, której paerni jankesi nie mogli przeboleć. Na czym się najlepiej zarabia? Na wojnie co potwierdził rozwój przemysłowy na północy w jej trakciee.

Jeśli chcesz pokoju gotuj się do wojny. Południowcy zbroili się, żeby być gotowymi odeprzeć inwazję jankeską i mieli słuszność.

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #8

The General

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 18:15 Quote Post

QUOTE(Nico @ 25/03/2008, 16:14)
Podatki, cła, a przedewszystkim lukratywne pośrednictwo jankesów w handlu bawełną z Europą oraz sprzedawanie wszelkich narzędzi i maszyn na Południe. Kasa, kasa, kasa, której paerni jankesi nie mogli przeboleć. Na czym się najlepiej zarabia? Na wojnie co potwierdził rozwój przemysłowy na północy w jej trakciee.

W temacie tym dyskutujemy o przyczynach secesji, której dokonały stany Południa. Wskaż nam więc jakikolwiek dokument, w którym secesjoniści mówią, że dokonują secesji ze względu na "lukratywne pośrednictwo jankesów w handlu bawełną z Europą oraz sprzedawanie wszelkich narzędzi i maszyn na Południe". Może też być cokolwiek o słynnych cłach.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #9

Nico

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 18:37 Quote Post

QUOTE(The General @ 25/03/2008, 18:15)
W temacie tym dyskutujemy o przyczynach secesji, której dokonały stany Południa. Wskaż nam więc jakikolwiek dokument, w którym secesjoniści mówią, że dokonują secesji ze względu na "lukratywne pośrednictwo jankesów w handlu bawełną z Europą oraz sprzedawanie wszelkich narzędzi i maszyn na Południe". Może też być cokolwiek o słynnych cłach.

Czy ja pisałem do Dartha o powodach secesji Generale? Czytaj dokładniej - pisałem o powodach dlaczego jankesi wywołali wojnę.

Nie powtarzaj też ciagle pokażcie mi 'dokumenty'. Dokumenty, hasełka podczas secesji/wyborów różne się krzyczy i daje. Pewna lewicowa partia w pewnym kraju nad Wisłą w 1997 wygrała wybory z ładnymi hasłami socjalistycznymi...a potem uchwalała ustawy pozwalające ludzi wyrzucać na bruk. Czy tak czyni lewica? A jakie hasła miała w swoich deklaracjach i dokumentach programowych hoho. Południe robiło secesję z hasłami 'praw stanowych' po czym powiedz mi Generale ile tych praw stanowych zostało w Konfederacji w 1865? Hasła i hasełka to jedno. Fakty to drugie.

---

"...Our views of constitutional duty are dissimilar; and as a watchman, set here by a portion of the people of the South, to warn them of the true state of things, I inform them that they are but as sheep in the hands of the shearers.

A large portion of the western Representatives are sound; but as a whole, they, in their extravagant system of expenditure for works of local internal improvements, act harmoniously with the middle States and East, which desire high taxes.

The manufacturers say to these internal improvement men: 'You want money to build harbors, dig canals, and clean out rivers. We will vote it to you, if you will aid us in collecting it off of imports.' For all practical purposes the bargain is struck!...

...we desire to break down a system which has used the immense taxing power of this Government to enable the manufacturers of iron, wool, cotton, sugar, and other necessaries of life, to sell those articles to us at a greater profit than they would be able to do without being protected.

We desire to do away with this unjust interference of the Government, and so to administer it that all shall feel equally its benefits, and none shall be exempted by favoritism and protection from bearing their share of its burdens."

William Lowndes Yancey of Alabama, House of Representatives, June 30, 1846

"...If you design levying additional taxes on the people, and that solely for the benefit of the manufacturers, do it in an open and manly manner. But do not resort to this insidious plan, in order to disguise from them the amount of taxes which they pay. Practice no such fraud upon them, if you desire to preserve their attachment to the Government....

....Mr. Chairman, the honorable gentleman from Vermont, [Mr. Morrill,] and all who have thus spoken in favor of this bill [Morrill Tariff], openly advocate protection for the sake of protection...I can only account for it from the fact, admitted by the honorable gentleman from Pennsylvania [Mr. Florence] the other day, that the tariff question was no longer a financial, but a sectional question. The gentleman well knows that while the chief burdens will fall on the South, his constituents will be benefitted by a high protective tariff...

...Go on, then, gentlemen; pass this odious protective tariff bill; legalize the robbery of the South. We are in a small minority here, and therefore powerless to protect our constituents. What they may do hereafter I know not...."

Sydenham Moore of Alabama, House of Representatives, April 30, 1860

Niech i abolicjoniści się wypowiedzą:

"...these lenders of blood money had, for a long series of years previous to the war, been the willing accomplices of the slave-holders in perverting the government from the purposes of liberty and justice, to the greatest of crimes. They had been such accomplices FOR A PURELY PECUNIARY CONSIDERATION, to wit, a control of the markets in the South; in other words, the privilege of holding the slave-holders themselves in industrial and commercial subjection to the manufacturers and merchants of the North (who afterwards furnished the money for the war). And these Northern merchants and manufacturers, these lenders of blood-money, were willing to continue to be the accomplices of the slave-holders in the future, for the same pecuniary considerations. But the slave-holders, either doubting the fidelity of their Northern allies, or feeling themselves strong enough to keep their slaves in subjection without Northern assistance, would no longer pay the price which these Northern men demanded. And it was to enforce this price in the future - that is, to monopolize the Southern markets, to maintain their industrial and commercial control over the South - that these Northern manufacturers and merchants lent some of the profits of their former monopolies for the war, in order to secure to themselves the same, or greater, monopolies in the future. These - and not any love of liberty or justice - were the motives on which the money for the war was lent by the North....

The whole affair, on the part of those who furnished the money, has been, and now is, a deliberate scheme of robbery and murder; not merely to monopolize the markets of the South, but also to monopolize the currency, and thus control the industry and trade, and thus plunder and enslave the laborers, of both North and South.

The pretense that the "abolition of slavery" was either a motive or justification for the war, is a fraud of the same character with that of "maintaining the national honor"....

Their pretenses that they have "Saved the Country," and "Preserved our Glorious Union," are frauds like all the rest of their pretenses. By them they mean simply that they have subjugated, and maintained their power over, an unwilling people....

All these cries of having "abolished slavery," of having "saved the country," of having "preserved the union," of establishing "a government of consent," and of "maintaining the national honor," are all gross, shameless, transparent cheats - so transparent that they ought to deceive no one - when uttered as justifications for the war, or for the government that has suceeded the war, or for now compelling the people to pay the cost of the war, or for compelling anybody to support a government that he does not want....

Lysander Spooner, Abolitionist, 1870

Jankesom chodziło tylko o kasę.

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #10

The General

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 18:51 Quote Post

QUOTE(Nico @ 25/03/2008, 19:37)
Czy ja pisałem do Dartha o powodach secesji Generale? Czytaj dokładniej - pisałem o powodach dlaczego jankesi wywołali wojnę.

W tym temacie dyskutujemy o przyczynach secesji, której dokonały stany Południa, więc Darth te "finansowe grabienie Południa" w tym kontekście z pewnością miał na myśli. Jeśli to było powodem secesji to jestem pewien, że dokumentów źródłowych na ten temat nie powinno brakować, bo sprawa byłaby zacna i można było co światu naopowiadać. I o to cię pytał, a ty piszesz o tym jak jankesi wywołali wojnę (???).

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #11

Nico

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 18:59 Quote Post

QUOTE(The General @ 25/03/2008, 18:51)
W tym temacie dyskutujemy o przyczynach secesji, której dokonały stany Południa, więc Darth te "finansowe grabienie Południa" w tym kontekście z pewnością miał na myśli.

To, że Generał wie w jakim kontekście pisał w danym liście Grant/Sherman/Lee/Lincoln to już wiemy. Ale, że czytasz w myślach żyjących. Hohoho.

QUOTE(The General @ 25/03/2008, 18:51)
Jeśli to było powodem secesji to jestem pewien, że dokumentów źródłowych na ten temat nie powinno brakować, bo sprawa byłaby zacna i można było co światu naopowiadać. I o to cię pytał, a ty piszesz o tym jak jankesi wywołali wojnę (???).

Generale najpierw napisałem o jankesach wywołujących wojnę, a potem Darth zapytał o sprawę grabienia Południa. Gubisz się w temacie już, ale to z mojej winy, zrobiłem offtopa i nadmiar niewygodnej prawdy przywalił Cię znów swym ciężarem wink.gif.

Najlepiej jakby moderator wydzielił topic nowy p.t. - kasa, powód Lincolna do wysłania 600 tys. ludzi do piachu ... sleep.gif

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #12

The General

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 20:38 Quote Post

QUOTE(Nico @ 25/03/2008, 19:59)
Nie powtarzaj też ciagle pokażcie mi 'dokumenty'. Dokumenty, hasełka podczas secesji/wyborów różne się krzyczy i daje. Pewna lewicowa partia w pewnym kraju nad Wisłą w 1997 wygrała wybory z ładnymi hasłami socjalistycznymi...a potem uchwalała ustawy pozwalające ludzi wyrzucać na bruk. Czy tak czyni lewica? A jakie hasła miała w swoich deklaracjach i dokumentach programowych hoho. Południe robiło secesję z hasłami 'praw stanowych' po czym powiedz mi Generale ile tych praw stanowych zostało w Konfederacji w 1865? Hasła i hasełka to jedno. Fakty to drugie.

Nie rozumię... więc sądzisz, że południowi politicos pisząc i mówiąc, że głównym powodem secesji jest kwestia niewolnictwa okłamywali tych do których to adresowali? Interesująca sprawa... to tak jakby lud pospolity Południa został w balona zrobiony. Ale chyba nie, bo ta ich argumentacja duży poklask zbierała, co jest zresztą zgodne z faktem, że w interesie niemal każdego białego mieszkańca stanów niewolniczych było zachowanie instytucji niewolnictwa. Zresztą w tamtych czasach ludzie jeszcze honorowi byli, a powiadają, że południowcy szczególnie w tym brylowali, więc proszę cię, nie rzucaj oszczerstw w stronę ojców założycieli tej konfederacji.

PS. Hasło 'prawa stanowe' było jednoznacznie związane z uregulowaniami dotyczącymi instytucji niewolnictwa i jak chyba wiesz ta sprawa w Konfederacji do końca pozostała niemal nienaruszona.

William Lowndes Yancey of Alabama, House of Representatives, June 30, 1846

Jakieś archiwalne cytaty... w 1860 Yancey mówił niemal wyłącznie o kwestiach związanych z niewolnictwem i o możliwości zbudowania na Południu południowego skrzydła Partii Republikańskiej, które predzędzej czy później dokona emancypacji i tym samym zgoduje drugie St. Domingo... Partii Demokratycznej to też nie rozwalił o cła tylko o niewolnictwo.

http://members.aol.com/jfepperson/aladem.html

Sydenham Moore of Alabama, House of Representatives, April 30, 1860

W Izbie Reprezentantów przeciwnicy tych ceł byli w mniejszości, ale jeszcze raz powtarzam, że jak by chcieli to w senacie najprawdopodobniej by im się udało je zawetować. Nie wspomnę już o fakcie, że Północ postawiona pod ścianą NA PEWNO poszła by na kompromis. Niestety senatorowie z Dolnego Południa nie podjeli walki w tym temacie i on ich nawet zbytnio już nie interesował. Inna sprawa - nie przypominam sobie, aby w propozycjach kompromisów pojawiających się po secesji Południowej Karoliny wystepował temat ceł.

Niech i abolicjoniści się wypowiedzą:

Oni nie muszą, bo to nie oni dokonali secesji.

Najlepiej jakby moderator wydzielił topic nowy p.t. - kasa, powód Lincolna do wysłania 600 tys. ludzi do piachu ...

Aha, bo Ty się boisz sleep.gif Czarnego Battalionu nie musisz się obawiać, bo chłopcy są chwilowo urlopowani happy.gif Stonewall pewnie tego nie zrobi, bo jest historykiem i wie, że to nie jest prawda wink.gif

Kasa - pewnie, że kasa Senatorze: 4.000.000 niewolników w przeliczeniu na dzisiejsze ceny było wartych... jakieś 70 bilionów dolarów.

User is offline  PMMini Profile Post #13

Nico

VII ranga

post 25/03/2008, 21:09 Quote Post

QUOTE(The General @ 25/03/2008, 20:38)
Nie rozumię... więc sądzisz, że południowi politicos pisząc i mówiąc, że głównym powodem secesji jest kwestia niewolnictwa okłamywali tych do których to adresowali?

Ojcowie założyciele. Hmm, ale kto dokładnie? Jefferson Davis siedział w ogródku jak go wybierali prezydentem. Jeśli za ojca weźmiemy Yanceya to kanalia straszna. Rozwalił partię demokratyczną swoim spiskiem i najgłośniej robił zamieszanie. Tak, jemu zarzucę kłamstwo i manipulację, tak jak na typowego Południowca - Orrego Maina - przystało. Całej tej bandzie ekstremistów najgłośniej krzyczących na konwencjach stanowych i secesjonistycznych - jako umiarkowany slavokrata powiem - kłamaliście, oszukiwaliście i manipulowaliście ludem Południa!

PS. Hasło 'prawa stanowe' było jednoznacznie związane z uregulowaniami dotyczącymi instytucji niewolnictwa i jak chyba wiesz ta sprawa w Konfederacji do końca pozostała niemal nienaruszona.

Niemal, czyli prawie, a jak wiadomo prawie robi ogromną różnicę wink.gif.

Prawa stanowe mówią przede wszystkim o tym, że (cytuje):

"Virginia, by God, sir, is going to be run by Virginians!"

Tym samym odnosi się to do wszystkiego o czym mówimy: niewolnictwo, podatki, cło, prawo do secesji. Wszystko to o co ścierano się w Unii.

Jakieś archiwalne cytaty...

Znaczy niewygodne już Generale? wink.gif

W Izbie Reprezentantów przeciwnicy tych ceł byli w mniejszości, ale jeszcze raz powtarzam, że jak by chcieli to w senacie najprawdopodobniej by im się udało je zawetować.

Twoje 'powtarzanie' nie jest prawdę absolutną.

Nie wspomnę już o fakcie, że Północ postawiona pod ścianą NA PEWNO poszła by na kompromis.

Tak jak pisałem post wyżej - Generał lepiej wie co 'najprawdopodobniej by się udało zawetować' i 'kto poszedł by na kompromis'. Pogratulować tylko 'takiej' wiedzy smile.gif.

Co magiczna kula Generała mówi na temat Polski idącej z Hitlerem w 1939 ? wink.gif

Inna sprawa - nie przypominam sobie, aby w propozycjach kompromisów pojawiających się po secesji Południowej Karoliny wystepował temat ceł.

Nie pamiętam byśmy szli na jakieś kompromisy z Niemcami, czy bolszewikami, czy Litwinami w 1918-21 roku. Wolnością naszą nie będziemy handlować, ustalimy sobie cła bez kompromisów. "S.Carolina by God, sir, is going to be run by Carolinians!" tongue.gif

Oni nie muszą, bo to nie oni dokonali secesji.

Racja. Doprowadzili tylko do wojny i śmierci 600 tys. ludzi.

Kasa - pewnie, że kasa Senatorze: 4.000.000 niewolników w przeliczeniu na dzisiejsze ceny było wartych... jakieś 70 bilionów dolarów.

Czyli tylko komuniście pobili was w największej kradzieży w historii świata?

User is offline  PMMini ProfileEmail Poster Post #14

ku140820

Unregistered

post 25/03/2008, 21:58 Quote Post

QUOTE("Nico")
lukratywne pośrednictwo jankesów w handlu bawełną z Europą oraz sprzedawanie wszelkich narzędzi i maszyn na Południe.

A przepraszm, co przeszkadzało "dżentelmenom z Południa" zajmować się handlem bawełną, rozbudowywac swoje porty, zakładać spółki handlowe, budować fabryki maszyn rolniczych?
Czemu odziarniarkę do bawełny musiał wymyśleć Jankes, a nie Południowiec?
Czyżby jakieś południowe upośledzenie inteligencji?
A może całe to towarzystwo uważało się za jakąś "arystokrację", której "nie godzi się" zajmowac czymś tak przyziemnym, jak handel czy produkcja, ale powinni czerpać dochody z ziemi, zaś reszta świata powinna być zadowolona, ze łaskawi dżentelmeni pozwalją tej reszcie zarobić na prowadzeniu interesów z tymiż dżentelmenami?
W takim razie Południowcy powinni mieć pretensje do samych siebie, bo nie dość że nie odrobili lekcji historii, powtarzanej wielokrotnie (upadek rzymskiej republiki, rewolucja w Anglii w wieku XVII, rewolucja we Francji w wieku XVIII chociażby), to jeszcze stali się dłużnikami drugiej części społeczeństwa, choćby z racji tych interesów - czy spodziewali się, ze ich wierzyciele pozwolą się pozbawić możliwości ściągnięcia zobowiązań? Banda żałosnych idiotów.
Jeżeli w taki sposób zrywa się więzi społeczne to nie należy dziwić się reakcji drugiej strony, która takiego zerwania wcale nie chce.

Post #15

12 Strony  1 2 3 > »  
1 Użytkowników czyta ten temat (1 Gości i 0 Anonimowych użytkowników)
0 Zarejestrowanych:

Topic Options
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Copyright © 2003 - 2023 Historycy.org
historycy@historycy.org, tel: 12 346-54-06

Kolokacja serwera, łącza internetowe:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej